Join us as our Mechanical Engineer
We are a young impact company supported by ICEX Invest in Spain and the European Commission using Norwegian technology to solve water scarcity using wave power. We’re on a mission to provide fresh water in a sustainable way, for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
We are developing a floating desalination buoy utilizing wave energy to run a reverse osmosis desalination process and lead fresh water to shore.
During the next few years, we will test and improve our solution in the workshop, at the PLOCAN offshore test facility and deploy pre-commercial projects in the Canary Islands.
We are now looking for a self-driven and experienced Mechanical Engineer to help further develop our technology from the pilot stage to full commercial deployment.
As our Mechanical Engineer you will work closely with the CTO improving the efficiency and robustness of our seawater pumping and desalination technology, coordinating the work in our workshop facility in Gran Canaria, and carry out testing activities both in the workshop and offshore. You will be a central part of a small and dedicated technical team tasked with continuous development of our technology.
Place of work will be our offices and workshop in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. The position as Mechanical Engineer is a full-time permanent contract.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and help define the work in the workshop for continuous development of our seawater pumping and desalination technology.
- Support the installation, testing and improvement of our equipment in the pilot buoys in Gran Canaria prior to installation offshore.
- Support the offshore installation, testing and operation of our pilot buoys and future commercial units.
- Analyse test results, modelling and analysing improvements in our hydraulic and mechanical design comparing analysis and test results.
- Help optimizing and improving instrumentation, control and data collection for our systems in the workshop and offshore.
We believe that you:
- Have a degree in mechanical engineering.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in relevant positions.
- Have experience with SolidWorks (or similar) and Finite Element Analysis.
- Have experience with instrumentation, sensors (force, pressure, flow, displacement), data collection, and analysis of time series.
- Have experience with hydraulic systems including hydraulic cylinders, valves, and pumps.
- Have experience with choice of materials in corrosive environments.
- Have experience with steel structures, bearings, and moving parts.
- Have a good understanding of industrial HSE standards and practices.
- Can communicate in both English and in Spanish.
- Have a dedication to addressing the problems of water scarcity and climate change, are motivated to take on difficult challenges, and can demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
With us you will:
- Address and solve technical challenges with major impact.
- Be part of a growing company with great opportunities for professional development.
- Work alongside a dedicated team addressing one of the world’s greatest challenges in the years to come.
Ready to join?
Write a brief description of yourself and how you can contribute to the project together with your CV. You may already send in your application today as we are hiring on an ongoing basis. Apply no later than May 15.
Send your application and CV to email@example.com
Please contact our COO, Sebastian Feimblatt, if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org